The move follows a report two days ago in IM urging Netflix Chief Executive Reed Hastings to pull “Bill Cosby 77.”
“The allegations are serious and come from multiple sources,” said IM Editor-in-Chief Keith Girard. “Cosby made matters worse by stonewalling a reporter who asked him to address the allegations.
“Netflix made the right decision, although it could have acted sooner,” Girard said.
Former supermodel Janice Dickinson was the latest to come forward with allegations that Cosby drugged her and had sex with her while she was semi-conscious.
Her allegations were widely reported without question, even though IM uncovered inconsistencies in her story that call into question her credibility.
In addition, Dickinson never mentioned the attack in her 2002 memoir “No Lifeguard on Duty.” She related a far different incident that ended with Cosby slamming his hotel room door in her face after she said she refused his advances.
Dickinson said publisher HarperCollins forced her to cut the rape allegations following pressure from Cosby’s lawyers.
The Cosby special was set to air Nov. 28. Netflix gave no reason for its decision in a brief statement.
In the special Cosby was slated to recount “intimate and wildly entertaining stories from his childhood, first loves, and the endless adventure of parenthood,” according to a Netflix promo.
Cosby was interviewed on National Public Radio (NPR) over the weekend and refused to answer any questions about separate allegations by actress and former protege Barbara Bowman and publicist Jan Tarshis.
The only statement so far has come from Cosby’s lawyer. “Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true,” the statement said.
“Mr. Cosby does not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment,” he added.
It’s clear now, that Cosby’s decision to stonewall has backfired.
Let us know your thoughts and be sure to follow IM on Twitter for the latest updates.