Lindsay Lohan Fingered in Alleged $500K Jewel Theft 1Lindsay Lohan, who recently left rehab after a stint for drug and alcohol abuse, is now suspected of stealing expensive jewelry that turned up missing in London almost two years ago. Police have asked for a warrant to search her Venice Beach home.

Investigators have reportedly told the court they have a video of Lohan wearing jewelry similar to the piece that was reported stolen, according to gossip site radaronline.

Lohan is wanted for questioning by Scotland Yard over the whereabouts of $500,000 worth of jewels that disappeared following her photo shoot with Elle magazine at London’s Big Sky Studios, rival Web site TMZ is reporting.
[ad#Google Adsense]

The theft allegedly took place in June 2009, so it’s odd that it’s taken police so long to follow up the investigation.

At the time, Lohan gushed over the necklace and earings and asked several times if she could have them, according to reports.

Lohan’s representatives were reportedly contacted after the items turned up missing, but allegedly ignored all requests for information about the jewels.

The case, however, apparently took on new impetus after Lohan was videoed wearing one of the jewelry items, according to radaronline.

“Lindsay has been photographed and there is video of her wearing the jewelry she is accused of stealing,” a source told the Web site.

“A search warrant was requested Tuesday at the Airport Court to search Lindsay’s house for the item of jewelry in question.”

In 2007, The New York Post reported that Lohan lifted Louis Vuitton samples during an Elle magazine photo shoot. And just last year, she was accused of taking a fellow party-goer’s fur, which she was photographed wearing.

Lohan could be facing felony charges because of the value of the items in question, but even a misdemeanor theft charge could send her back to jail for violating her probation in her 2007 DUI case.

Lohan was released from the clinic in Rancho Mirage, California, on Jan 3, after a 90-day stint. She’s schedule to appear in court for a follow up hearing on Feb. 25.