The only response to come from the couple was reported today (May 20) by New York radio station Hot 97.
One of the stations dee-jays, Old Man Ebro, said on the air today that he emailed his congratulations to the rap mogul and got a surprising response.
“He hit me back and said it’s not true,” he revealed. “It’s not true. The news is worse than blogs,” he said, quoting Jay-Z.
The story went viral on Friday, after E! News, citing “multiple sources,” all unnamed, reported that Beyonce was expecting her second child. The tabloid gossip show followed a similar report a week earlier by The New York Post, also citing multiple unnamed sources.
For some reason, a host of media outlets reported the pregnancy, citing E! News. None of the outlets, from People magazine to the HuffingtonPost, bothered to get confirmation or do any follow-up reporting.
But TheImproper reported the same day that Beyonce was likely not pregnant. A source in New York explained that it would have been next to impossible for her current “Mrs. Carter World Tour” to get insurance, if she were embarking on a grueling 65-date road trip while carrying a child.
“The story simply defied common sense,” said Improper Editor Keith Girard. “Some basic fact-checking would have revealed that going out on tour pregnant would be a non-starter.”
Beyonce suffered a miscarriage before she became pregnant with daughter Blue Ivy, and at 31, she would be considered a borderline high-risk pregnancy. She gave birth to Blue Ivy last January.
The Mrs. Carter World Tour kicked off last month in Belgrade, Serbia and will wrap in August at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. If she were pregnant as E! News suggested, she would be weeks away from delivering and unavoidably showing a baby bump.
After the story broke, Beyonce appeared for her show in Milan and show no signs of being pregnant. Be sure to follow TheImproper on Twitter for the latest updates with news you can trust.