Brandon Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr in the hit Broadway show 'Hamilton' reads a statement to audience member Mike Pence during a recent performance (Photo:ScreenCap)

Brandon Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr in the hit Broadway show ‘Hamilton’ reads a statement to audience member Mike Pence during a recent performance (Photo:ScreenCap)

Donald Trump’s Twitter feud with the cast of Hamilton just lost a key ally–Mike Pence. At the risk of being next in Trump’s dog house, the Vice President-elect said today (Nov. 20) he wasn’t offended when actor Brandon Dixon addressed him from the stage.

Pence, who appeared on “Fox News Sunday” was expected to advance Trump’s argument that the show owed him an apology.

But Pence did just the opposite. He praised the show at the Richard Rodgers Theatre and said he wasn’t offended by Dixon’s statement during the show’s curtain call.

“We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” Dixon read from a statement with the cast at his side.

“We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us,” he added.

Pence was greeted by boos when he arrived at the Broadway theater accompanied by daughter Charlotte and a nephew. Inside, he was jeered at times during the show.

But Pence took the whole matter in stride. “That’s what freedom sounds like,” he said he told his daughter when asked about the boos.

In contrast, Trump claimed on Twitter that Pence had been “harassed” by the cast, which he called “very rude.” Trump demanded an apology and repeated it again today (Nov. 20).

“The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior,” Trump tweeted.

Pence. once again. disputed his boss. He told Fox Hamilton is an “incredible production” staged by a “very talented cast.”

Although Trump supporters have been urging a boycott and staged a small protest outside the theater, the show remains sold out through Sept. 2017.

For his part, Dixon corrected Trump. “Conversation is not harassment sir,” he wrote on Twitter. “And I appreciate Mike Pence for stopping to listen.”

Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda helped draft the statement and reiterated his support for the cast in his own Tweet.

Trump was banned from Twitter by his campaign during the final weeks of the election and apparently is still facing some restraints. His nasty Tweet was deleted moments after it was posted. But all Tweets are archived and it quickly went viral.

Maybe that ban wasn’t such a bad idea.

Let us know your thoughts and be sure to follow IM on Twitter for the latest theater news.